Wednesday, August 22, 2007

how im passing my time...

since not being employed, i have much time lingering around...this is one of the ways i pass my time...babysitting one of my friend's daughter. we watched Dora the Explorer!

As we were eating dinner, this 2 year old asked me casually, as if formally aquainting herself since not having seen me for a year: "so, you're Auntie Gwen?". i respond, "yes". she then asked "do you know my name?" i replied, "yes, you're Cat, you used to come and join the Saturday coffees with your mom and auntie Ida."

i'm amazed at how well this kid can articulate and the acquisition of words and comprehension.
i'm not sure i was this alert at 2yo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched the spin off of Dora, whatever her brother's name is, in Scotland... and it made my brain hurt.

Either way, why jump ship? Now I can't read your blogs via my autosubscription off Xanga, you bum!